Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Today is Jackson's Easter Egg Hunt at his school. I was actually a little disappointed in the selection of Easter Baskets they had at Walgreens. There were plenty of baskets clearly designed for little girls (ex, princess, pinks and purples, and small baskets that looked kinda cheap), but mostly sports-themed baskets for the boys. Since Jackson doesn't play any sports, I decided not to get him a themed basket. Instead, I found this wicker basket (durable for an egg hunt) that was fairly big (to collect a lot of eggs...) and the colors weren't to "girl-y".

***NOTE TO WALGREENS***
IT'S NOT JUST LITTLE GIRLS WHO PARTICIPATE IN EGG HUNTS, AND NOT ALL LITTLE BOYS LIKE SPORTS!!!

Each student was to bring a dozen plastic eggs filled with candy, stickers, or something fun. These eggs were the largest I could find. I wanted to get big eggs because Jackson's Primary class has younger children (ranging from 3 years to kindergarten), and I wanted to make sure that there would be big, brightly colored eggs for the younger ones to easily see and grab.

I will take pictures (not of the egg hunt since I am at work...grr.) of his loot when we get home and post them here.
I hope he has a good time, and that the weather holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment