Thursday, May 14, 2009

HAPPY (belated) MOTHER'S DAY!!!


Okay, okay. So I'm late in posting this, and I am sorry. This week has been one of "those weeks", and I, for one, am very happy that today is my "Th-iday" (pronounced Thigh-Day, and it means that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.)!

I had the BEST Mother's Day this year! It really was wonderful! My Mother's Day actually began on Friday at Jackson's school. They had a "Mother's Tea" to recognize all the Mommies in his class. Jackson got to open the performance by reading from cue cards, and let me tell you that I was soo impressed by his reading ability! He read like he had been reading for years! He didn't skip a beat! I really was moved to tears! He made me a (I don't really know what it is...sad, I know.) It is yarn that has been saturated in some kind of liquid starch, and then moulded to the bottom of a water bottle. The end result looks like dried silly string in the shape of a birds nest. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, and I will probably put it on my desk as a "catch-all" for paper clips and rubber bands. We also had tea and cookies. After the presentation and tea, we went to the book fair and got him a book and a science project.
On Saturday, my Mother took Jackson to the Home Depot and made me a wooden plant holder, all by himself! Seriously, this isn't just the Mom in me talking here...it's really great! He used a hammer and nails, and it looks nearly professional!
Jack came home from work with 9 cuts of Oriental Lilies (my absolute favorite flower in the WORLD!!!) inside a beautiful mirrored-mosaic vase...and a card! It was lovely!

On Sunday, after everyone woke up, the boys went to Denny's (we call it Lenny's) and brought breakfast home. MMmmmm....I <3>

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a Mother's Tea! I wish Bee's school had something like that.

    Glad you had a great Mom's Day :)

    Pray for us - FET tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete