Thursday, January 29, 2009

YUM!

YUM!!!



Just look at this delicious meal! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Heather from Want What You Have for this (varied) recipe. This picture does not do it justice, but I had to quickly take this picture with my camera-phone before my husband tore into it! Seriously, the reason the picture came out soo dark was because he was literally standing beside the stove, spatula in hand, waiting for me to snap a photo so he could dig in, lol!

Heather's Turkey Lattice Pot Pie Recipe can be found http://economicaleats.blogspot.com/2009/01/lattice-turkey-pot-pie.html .

I didn't have any turkey, so I used chicken breasts instead. I also thought rice would be yummy in it, so I added 1 cup of Mahatma Basmati (white, long grain) rice. The rice definitely made the Pot Pie thicker, but we all like it that way!!! I tell my guys that it "sticks to your ribs, and helps them grow" - my husband says he doesn't need to grow anymore...LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment