Tuesday, March 17, 2009

7 Things That Make Me Disproportionately Happy

1. My Family. There is really nothing that makes me happier than spending time with my family! I love to give and receive long, tight family hugs. I love it when Leo climbs on the couch and sits on me or when he stands up and wraps his long arms, err, front legs around my neck and gives me a hug. I love to watch Jackson and Leo play together. They play chase games, and Jackson still likes to "Boo!" Leo to scare him. Even though he's a big dog, he spooks easy. I love lazy days with my husband where we lay on the couch, enveloped with each other.

Jack is in Sales, so any time we can spend together as a family is wonderful!


2. Reaching my goals. I feel so satisfied when I reach a goal, and let's face it...who doesn't like to be recognised for a "Job Well Done". I think it is important to set goals for everything in life, from household duties, work, to personal achievements. I think it makes reaching those goals that much more fun!


3. I LOVE a Sale!!! I actually get excited when I hear about other people saving money, too! There's nothing like going to the department store, expecting to spend "No more than x amount of dollars" (there's that goal-setting again, lol), only to find at the register you spent less than half of what you expected!
HOORAY for pleasant surprises!


4. My Friends. This one was a toss-up really. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my friends dearly! I also love my "Momma-Day". My Momma-Day is every other Friday because that is my day off from work. Jackson is in school, Jack is at work, and I have the entire house to my self to do whatever I please. I can sleep in, actually enjoy my morning coffee, be lazy, and catch up on my shows (Grey's Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives) that are on my DVR. I get to do things on my own time, and don't have to cater to any one's demands.
I chose Friends because if I had to choose between being by myself or being with the people I love, well, I choose love!
After all, friends are the people who know everything about you, and love you anyway!


5. Date-Nite. I just love to get all dolled-up when I go out...and it doesn't bother me to be over-dressed for an occasion. It makes me feel pretty, and I like to look my best when I am with my hubby. I want my husband to think, "Wow, I am a really lucky man!" because I think I am a pretty lucky woman to have been the one who tamed this "wild horse" of mine.
When I am by myself, I consider it a good day if I shower and change out of my pj's.


6. Learning. I seriously love to learn about new things. It's weird because when I was in high school, I thought that most of the stuff we were being forced to learn had absolutely zero relevance in the "real world". Turns out I wasn't too far off. It wasn't until college that I really started to enjoy what I was being taught, and I am pretty sure it was because I chose all of my classes myself, instead of being told what I needed to learn...does that make any sense?
Now, if there is something that I don't' know about, I completely immerse myself in learning everything there is to know about that particular topic. I am beginning to be a wealth of information!


7. Debate. I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE to debate with other people! Especially controversial topics, religion, and politics...and I especially like to play the Devil's Advocate. I honestly feel that when one debates certain topics, or even listens to arguments - especially in an open forum, people are offered the opportunity to gain perspective on another point of view they may not have otherwise been able to learn. (So long as the debate remains respectful. It takes all the fun out if it when things get ugly.)


4 comments:

  1. I love a good sale too! (And btw, I have to admit I would choose the chocolate and let you have the shoes. Least we wouldn't fight over them).

    You would probably enjoy homeschooling then. That is something that I enjoy, learning along with my kids.

    I think it's funny how big your dog is. Mine weighs just under four pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to debate too! My husband says I like to "argue," but I think there's a difference. He doesn't, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. momstheword: I homeschooled my son for a while...until I returned to work. I used to teach pre-school, so I had the chance to use my teaching skills again. I very much enjoyed having the control of his education. We prayed, said the Pledge, went on "field trips", learned about nature, and everything was at his pace.
    I think Leo weighed 4 pounds in the womb...he's pretty big, but because he was the runt of his litter, he's small for his breed. It's actually perfect for us!

    Heather: I agree that there is a difference between an arguement and a debate. I think men, generally speaking, tend to see things as Black and White with very little grey. Women on the other hand, think in a much more complex fashion...Men call it an "arguement" because they see a back-and-forth, or a difference of opinion.
    On a side note, I one heard that women say 20,000 words a day, while men only say 7,000. No wonder men think women "talk too much", lol!

    How are you feeling, Heather. When is the Thaw going to happen??? I am praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Good Lookin''! I love dogs, and I played "Boo!" with mine all the time, and he was the light of my life for so long until he becamse senile. Poor thing. And, my nieces would love your ability to shop at sales.

    Love you lots!

    T*I*G*E*R
    Michael
    SFG

    ReplyDelete