Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update...

Here's the run-down of how our weekend went:



On Friday night, I met Jack after work. He and I sat in a parking lot for over an hour and a half and were finally able to have a private conversation. A much needed conversation about...us. It was really nice, and I am glad that we were able to come together and share about our concerns, goals, and also talk about the strength of our relationship. He said some stuff that I really needed to hear from him, and after we were done talking, we both felt much better about the future.

We met some friends at a bar and grill called Frank'N'Steins (catchy name, isn't it?!) for a 30th Birthday Party. As soon as we walked in, I am handed a piece of paper and a pen, and I am told that I am going to sing Karaoke. I'll be honest, I wasn't really in the mood to sing, much less be in a bar. Since becoming a Mommy, I go to bed early, and I don't drink much, if at all. It was past my bed-time, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to be out much longer than we already were, even though my Mother was keeping Jackson overnight.

I wound up caving in since it was Cory's big 3-Oh, I sang her favorite song, "Criminal" by Fiona Apple. I used to sing that song to Jack when we were first dating, and he used to sing me Dave Matthews, "Everyday".

Anyway, after a few shots, err glasses of 'Liquid Courage', it was my turn to sing. Jack was sweet and pulled a chair right up to the front row where I was so I wouldn't be nervous. I miss a few of the words, but I pulled it off. After I was done with my song, there were several people who stood and cheered for me. That made me feel really good!

Once we sat back down at our table, a guy told me that I sang very well, and asked if I wanted to compete in a Karaoke Contest (for the next three weeks...). The Grand Prize is $500.00!!! Talk about incentive! Who couldn't use additional cash in today's economy, ya know?

I am still giving it some thought, but realistically, I don't think I can or want to commit to being in a bar for the next three weeks to sing. But.....there's money at stake, and you know what they say (whoever 'they' are), "You can't win if you don't play!" We shall see...



On Saturday, while Jackson was still playing at his Grandmother's house, I was flipping through the channels on TV when I happened upon this show on the LOGO network. It was awesome! I'm sure most of you have heard about Tyra Banks show, 'America's Next Top Model'. Well, this show is similar, but totally different...
RuPaul, America's most famous drag queen, hosts "RuPaul's Drag Race", a new reality series of the ultimate drag queen competition. The top 9 drag queens in the U.S. will vie for the title. It was fascinating, and I was hooked from the word, GO!!!!
For those of you that know me, you know that I love pageants...all kinds of pageants, and sparkles, and GLAM! This show embodied all that I love about the stage, lights and flair! (I'm sure I have an inner drag queen lurking inside me, somewhere. They are the bitch I wish I could be!)

I also participated in Earth Hour on Saturday! I am glad that I did, and I will be shutting down much more often from now on. I went to my breaker box and completely turned off the power to my house. You would not believe how quiet it was...Jackson was with my Mother, Tom was running errands, Jack was at work, and Leo doesn't talk back, lol! BLISS! There wasn't any humming from the refrigerator, or any other appliances. I opened up windows through my house to let it air out, and I was able to enjoy the peace!
Technically, Earth Hour wasn't supposed to start until 8:30pm, but I thought it was silly to cut off the power to my house at night because we need to see in the dark, and I probably use more electricity during the day anyway. I still did my part, and I am happy I did.

On Sunday, we got some major yard work done! Too bad our heavy trash day isn't until Tuesday. My poor neighbors are going to have to see our trash for a few days... We also cooked out on the grill and have enough food to last us all week! Yea! No cooking for Mama! Whoo-Hoo!

This coming weekend, Gabriela (the photographer that did our family portraits) and I are getting together to do the Bridal Shoot! I am so excited! Tonight, I am going to pull out my wedding gown for the first time in a very long time and try it on. Cross your fingers that it still fits me! Wouldn't that be a hoot?! It would be my luck that I'd commit to a shoot, and then my dress doesn't even fit anymore, lol! Guess I'll try it on and find out. I'll post pics....win, lose, or draw.

1 comment:

  1. You have courage and are so articulate and intelligent. Love you to bits!

    Also, sounds like you are quite the performer! Would love to hear you sing!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete