Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Leo!

Our "Little Leo" is officially a One year-old!

I feel bad for not getting this out on his birthday. Leo turned one on March 12, 2009. He weighs about 110 lbs. and is close to 30" tall at the shoulder. His vet appointment is later this month, so we'll know his exact measurements then.

We really couldn't have asked for a better dog. He's smart, well-socialized, and has an excellent temperment with young children and babies. He's the biggest lap-dog I have ever met, and boy does he love to sit on people, I mean, snuggle! That's his way of being a cuddle-bug, and he's great at it!

To celebrate his birthday, I got him a cake (completely natural, and human-grade) that we all got to enjoy, an edible rawhide birthday card from all of us by the AKC (that he can't eat apparently because the rawhide expands when consumed and isn't great for animals...fun for a scrapbook though.), and a small brown picture frame that says "STUD" on it and has aquamarine rhinestones (his and my birthstones) on it.

Leo ate his cake like it was going out of style after we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Jackson had a few pieces, Pappa and I had one slice, and Jack decided that he didn't want to eat any "dog food".

I can't believe he's already a year old! Man time flies by fast! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment